Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PLAYLIST: Best Music for April and May



Since my absence, I've been living under the rock for the past few months and in effect missed out on a lot of news and tracks coming out. While catching up, I came across these !&#ack^$*(%) awesome finds I know you and many others will find worth listening to in the long run. Had so much fun making this list so here I am sharing it with everyone. You'll find 30 GREAT TRACKS: Jason Lytle, a couple of songs from Passion Pit, great tracks from Grizzly Bear, Iron and Wine, the amazing Neko Case, the popular Phoenix, St. Vincent, newcomer (correct me if I'm wrong) Akron/Family. Also included are favorites from the Noisettes, Mojave 3, Fleet Foxes, M. Ward and Okkervil River. Plus, new tracks from Regina Spektor's new album!


I'll be back a little later so I hope this generous offering will fill up my absence. All of these tracks are amazing. Enjoy yourselves while the bandwidth lasts! (If the links don't work anymore, drop a comment and I'll fix it later. )



Noisettes - When You Were Young (The Killers Cover Live)
Akron/Family - River
Architecture in Helsinki - Spring 2008
Bon Iver - For Emma (The Myspace Transmissions)
Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy



Julian Plenti - Fun That We Have
Mojave 3 - Got My Sunshine
Iron and Wine - The Trapeze Singer
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
Andrew Bird - Heretics (Early Version)




Phoenix - Lisztomania
Death Cab for Cutie - You Can Do Better Than Me
Harlem Shakes - Strictly Game
Passion Pit - Let Your Love Grow Tall
Okkervil River - Pop Lie



Booker T - Warped Sister
Iron and Wine - Love Vigilantes
Simian Mobile Disco - Audicity of Huge
Dinosaur Jr. - I Want You To Know
Estelle - Wait A Minute (Just A Touch) (Count of Monte Cristal Remix)



Fleet Foxes - Quiet Houses
Shugo Tokumaru - Rum Hee
M. Ward - To Save Me (with Jason Lytle)
Pete Yorn - Scarlett Johansson - Relator
Passion Pit - To Kingdom Come



Neko Case -I'm An Animal
St. Vincent - Actor Out Of Work
Regina Spektor - Laughing With
Okkervil River - John Allyn Smith Sails
Jason Lytle - Ghost of My Old Dog


Watch these blogs for great music: DiscoDust, Metaphor, Gorilla VS Bear, Fluxblog, Pretty Much Amazing, Popsense, Pigeons and Planes, Brooklyn Vegan and Aquarium Drunkard. :)

Feedback is much appreciated :)
Ciao!

5 comments:

I love you. Really dude, if I ever saw you on the street, and declare to the world the awesomeness that you are. Keep posting these up cause ill be comin back for more.

GREAT POST.

Gurrrl dat miks b krajzey!

Sid:

Dude, thanks for the support! There will be MORE.

Anonymous 1 and 2:

Thanks!

The list is nice, but I would also like to add another song, an old one but still loved by thousands - The Beatles - "I Want To Hold Your Hand"

Post a Comment